There are several dog-friendly parks as well as veterinarians and grooming salons, should you need such services during your vacation. Each of our vacation rentals is tastefully decorated and provides ample space and amenities to make your time away from home as relaxing as possible.
- These community colleges offer an affordable alternative to a four-year university.
- For those with specific needs and wants, you can search by town, location, bedrooms, etc. to help you find your perfect Topsail Island NC vacation rental here.
- Treasure hunters searched for Blackbeard’s infamous buried treasure throughout the maritime forests which covered the island.
- Talk to any of the locals and you will quickly recognize a deep love, appreciation, and sense of pride for their beloved Topsail Island.
- We also have a Specials category that offers discounts on some of our properties for certain time periods.
- Make sure you bring your binoculars and camera when you visit Topsail Island!
Located in Topsail Beach, the Jolly Roger Pier is an excellent place to cast a reel or get beautiful views of the green water. Jutting out 850 feet into the ocean you can sometimes see dolphins and sea turtles from the end of the pier. Many of Ward Realty’s vacation rentals will consider an off-season winter rental for 1, 3 or even 6 months. The off-season months are a great time to be at the beach – beautiful sunrises & sunsets, less crowds (if you can believe that!) and great shelling. Find your heavenly Topsail Island Winter Rental here, and we will be glad to give you a monthly quote. Take a few moments to browse our website to find your dream vacation rental on Topsail Island.
More Things to Do on Topsail Island’s Surroundings in Eastern North Carolina
If you or your kids would like to learn to surf, check the crew at On Shore Surf Shop out! In 1940 North Carolina became home to Camp Davis, a military base located at Holly Ridge. During this time, there was a shortage of male aircraft pilots, so a great group of women stepped up and became pioneers for women pilots in the United States Air Force.
Our large inventory of vacation properties along with no third party fees gives you peace of mind that you will have the best rate and relaxing vacation possible. While you are here on island time, rest comfortably knowing our local Topsail team is available 24 hours/7 days a week to assist you. Access Realty is a full service real estate boutique serving the beautiful beaches of https://www.wave-accounting.net/. We provide Property Sales Assistance, Vacation Rental Properties and Long-Term Rentals throughout Surf City, Topsail Beach, North Topsail Beach, Sneads Ferry and Hampstead. We are a family owned and oriented business which strives to exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service. 50 South Surf Shop is a small family operated Surf, Bike, SUP and Skate shop on Topsail Island, NC. They offer rentals on surfboards, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, and bikes.
Topsail Island Restaurants and Places to go
Your pets must be on a leash 20 ft or less from May 15th through September 30th. Prior to World War II, Topsail Island was only accessible by boat. Area residents frequently made this short trip and picnicked on the sandy shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Local farmers are said to have driven their livestock across the waterways at low tide to graze on wild beach grass.
We have several new properties on our rental program that might be just right for you. We also have a Specials category that offers discounts on some of our properties for certain time periods. Some of our properties may have opened up for a specific week since the last time you checked our site. Also please use our new Beach Bag feature to compare different Topsail rentals and email them to other members of your family. Ocean breezes, glowing sunsets, the smell of salt air, and sounds of a sea gull singing, are just a few of the reasons people seek to visit or live on Topsail Island. One being that the beautiful serene beaches are uncrowded and surrounded by local mom and pop stores, which makes for a truly peaceful place to vacation or live…
Topsail Island Vacation Rentals, North Carolina Oceanfront Rentals& NC Beach Rentals at Coastline Realty
More information can be found at Plus, Onslow County Parks & Recreation offers parking along with restrooms and showers at no charge at three access points. With over 12 miles of uncrowded and family friendly sandy beachfront, North Topsail Beach is the perfect place to vacation all year round. Our fully renovated, eco-friendly accommodationsare the perfect place for romantic getaways, family holidays, pet friendly vacations, and extended stays. The beaches on Topsail Island are dog-friendly and some of our vacation homes are too! Check out our selection of dog-friendly vacation homes and you won’t have to leave your family pet behind. Located close to an oceanfront public beach access, “Copper Top” is a unique 3 bedroom “A-Frame” beach house in Topsail Island.
Should any turtle require rescue or aid along the beach the center will step in and provide help. You don’t need a boat or to pay the steep price for a charter boat to go fishing on Topsail Island. As with many North Carolina beaches, there are a number of fishing piers that provide affordable access to fishing. Pylons off the piers also supply a healthy habitat for the fish and a wide range of fish to be caught.
Surf Condos 414 – Dolphins Drift
Where pirates once laid in wait for merchant ships – with only their top sails visible – today you’ll find a tranquil region loved by anglers, boaters and sea turtles alike. It’s a popular vacation destination in North Carolina with plenty of vacation rentals along the whole coast. The only two ways onto the island are via a bridge in Surf City and a bridge in North Topsail Beach. Located between Wilmington and Jacksonville, this 26 mile long barrier island is made up of three towns-North Topsail Beach, Surf City, and Topsail Beach. The three mainland towns that make up the greater Topsail area include Hampstead, Sneads Ferry, and Holly Ridge. A swing bridge in Surf City and a high-rise bridge between Sneads Ferry and North Topsail Beach provide access to the island. A main road runs parallel to the ocean and extends the length of the island.
- The Salty Turtle Beer Company uses high-quality ingredients to make innovative brews.
- Serenity Point is the Southern tip of Topsail Island and is an undeveloped area that is perfect for beachgoers.
- Or, if you want to visit for a few months, visit us in the off season starting in October.
- The beautiful soundfront with access to the Intercoastal Waterway and nearby Lea Island is a great place to explore by boat.
- Some of our properties may have opened up for a specific week since the last time you checked our site.
We love paddleboarding as it’s a sport that can be as relaxing or sporty as you’d like. A series of photographic towers were built along the island to study the rockets’ trajectory. Nearly 200 experimental rockets were launched from the base over 18 months before the program moved to Cape Canaveral. However, Topsail still has its mark in history and played an important role in the development of modern rocket and jet propulsion. On our visit, the special was blacked cobia tacos with pickled relish. Visitors can expect some fantastic fresh food with outdoor seating and craft beer.
Relax Along the Coastal Marshes
Towers were built for rocket assembly and over an eighteen month period, 200 rockets were launched into the Topsail skies. Eventually, the military shut down the operation due to unfavorable weather patterns and increased boating traffic around the island, but its rich history can still be found across the island. These missile tests played a huge role in today’s missile and aircraft development. Visit the Missiles & More Museum on your next Topsail Island vacation to learn more about Topsail’s incredible military involvement. Luxury resorts like the Villa Capriani offer two- and three-bedroom beachfront condominiums, with fine dining, tennis courts, pools and hot tubs to enjoy.
- Thanks to its idealistic beaches and sleepy seaside towns there is lots to love about Topsail.
- Most college credits earned at CFCC or CCCC are transferable to a four-year college or university in North Carolina.
- Not long after World War II ended, the United States Navy began testing rockets to be used in missiles, spacecraft, and jet propulsion through a secret missile program, right here on Topsail Island.
- Thankfully, the 26-mile barrier island has plenty of sand and access points for you to enjoy.
- The pristine beaches of Topsail Island are accessible along north shore drive in over 20 locations.